Thursday, January 14, 2010

What Parents Must Know About Reading Disabilities: A Blog for Parents

Because schools, reading disabilities, and education laws are complex, most parents of children with reading disabilities feel overwhelmed and intimidated. They want to help their children, but don’t know how. A new blog for parents, Learning & Reading Disabilities, shows parents (and teachers) how to improve the odds that their children can succeed in reading.

Learning & Reading Disabilities answers critical questions that haunt parents.

These include:
1. Does my child have a reading disability or other learning disability?
2. What reading program is best for my child?
3. How can I monitor my child’s progress?
4. What can I do if my child’s progress is poor?
5. How can I help my child at home?
6. Should I let the school retain my child?
7. Should my child be in a regular or special education class?
8. What can the school do to motivate my child?
9. How can I prepare for Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings?
and many more

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Lisa -- Thanks for posting the list of questions from our Press Release. If parents have questions about reading disabilities or other learning issues, they can write us at howard@reading2008.com. Good luck with your work. -- Howard Margolis